• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recently added metadata not appearing in Lr search

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I've been finding that more recently added metadata, such as lens models and manually added keywords, are not appearing in search in Lr desktop or mobile on any of my devices. I'm not sure exactly where the time cutoff is, but keywords and lenses that I have been using for some time appear, but more recently added ones do not, either as autocompletes or as search results. All manually added keywords still appear in the 'keyword' drop-down menu; more recently added ones just do not appear in search. Might this be a bug? Thanks very much in advance for your assistance.

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Liam Coleman 

Are you using Lightroom Classic, or the newer cloud based Lightroom desktop app?  I ask because I think Classic does not sync to other LR apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom Desktop on a Mac, but the issue also seems to occur in Lr mobile on my iOS devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems a timing issue.  Using Lightroom iOS, I added a nonsense keyword to an image, and then within the same minute I searched all my photos for that keyword and the search turned up zero results.  I tried again a couple minutes later, and the same search then worked.  Trying a second new keyword and just waiting ~90 seconds, I saw search work again. 

My recommendations: once you've added a keyword or other new metadata to an image please advance to the next image or exit out to thumb grid view.  And give the app a moment to sync up changes to the server.  Search should then work soon after.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I search a series of keywords that I added days or even months ago, search returns no results. Only ones that have been there for a matter of years appear to be returning results. This seems to the case both on Lr mobile and Lr desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, Ok.  May I ask, how many images do you have synced?  I've seen Search struggle in large accounts with more than 10K images.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About 12,000. Older keywords still consistently appear in search normally, however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another question: are any of the keywords coming from Lightroom Classic?  Lr CLassic doesn't sync keywords like the or Lr clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, all keywords have been added in Lr desktop or mobile - none from Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll reach out to some teammates who are more familiar with the intricasies of Search, and reply again if I have anything useful to share.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines