• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recently Unusable and Slow

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I'm not too picky about the speed on photo applications, even more when I am editing large raw photos (i shoot on an sony a7rII). But recently lightroom cc is basically unusable. I have attached a clip of my lightroom currently and it is quite painful. 50 seconds after start up, not a single photo in my gallary is loaded. 

I've uninstalled/reinstalled once removing preferences, once not, and It did not get any better. My computer's specs shouldn't be an issue either, unless I missed something and you need ultra high end to edit photos now.

Specs.

* Intel I7-10700K
* PNY XLR8 Gaming REVEL EPIC-X RGB RXT 3070
* 32GB TOUGHRAM RGB Memory DDR4 3200mhz

If you want my ssd speeds I can get you that too lol, but I did double check that to see if for some reason it is slowing down.

I see about 7% cpu usage, and 0 gpu. While I do have gpu on in the settings, I was curious if it wasn't just activating, so I turned it off and on and set it to auto and pretty much everything with the settings menu, and that was a waste of an hour of my life. and even if so, the 10700k should be able to handle at least loading the galary and a image no problem.

I am stumped, is the latest version just pooped?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I checked if my system was thermal throttling, increased lighroom cache size, its at about 50gb now, deleted my lightroom data folder. I think thats all I have tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a slightly weaker computer (i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 16GB RAM), but what we have in common is PNYXLR8 (my one is CS3030 2TB).
I had to reinstall Windows three times in various ways, but my LR always slowed down terribly after a short time (a few hours, one day). Everything started, when I replaced old Toshiba SSD 256GB with new one PNY.
With old disk (Toshiba), I can work without problems...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still need help with this, nothing has changed. I moved the lightroom data to another drive, reinstalled and installed again, cleaned lightroom cache competly, not sure what is going on. Lightroom classic works great, but I have converted to using cc and would hate to have to switch to classic again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines