Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Recovering deleted photos from Lightroom

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay i know i probably messed up. So i had no idea that lightroom, when they sync your photos from they cloud, they create a folder on your hard drive with the sync photo for lightroom CC. I accidentally deleted that folder to free up space. Then all the app couldn't locate the photos so i looked and looked on how to resync them and found nothing. (Here's where i make the biggest mistake) So i thought, maybe if i delete them, they'll re-sync. So i select them photos that couldn't be located and deleted them, then i notices my cloud storage starts gaining more space.

Everything i just deleted was only in the cloud. I had no other back-up. Is there any posible way to recover them?!

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I accidentally deleted that folder to free up space."

Which folder did you delete, and precisely how? In LR, in Finder/Explorer, how?

Also, go to Help > System Info and paste the first few lines here, so we know exactly what version of LR and what OS you're using.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you deleted the files as they are shown inside the Lightroom app, it might be possible they're in the cloud synced album called "Deleted" -- this is like a computer trash folder, and you may be able to restore files from here.  See here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/restore-deleted-photos.html

If you deleted files from your device, and they aren't yet imported and synced in Lightroom, the only possible help here is if you have a backup of your device from when the photos still existed.  Do you have a device backup you can restore?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines