Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

red eye removal

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I personally am new to adobe and have watched every tutorial for lightroom and cannot find a BASIC red eye removal tool... concerned this is perhaps not the program for me... I need the basics, red eye is one of them.  Any ideas?  I have the web based subscription for Lr CC and adobe Photoshop.  I don't want to take 10 minutes every time I try to correct red eye.  Surely there's a red eye fix in Lr I am missing??  Thanks for any suggestions... or how to fix easily in Photoshop which I cannot seem to figure out either.  I previously used Corel software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018
Thank you so much.  I found I was able to download the classic version with my subscription which I believe has it.  I just want a basic editing ability... hopefully this works.  Thanks again!

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RedEye removal tool is not yet a feature in the all new (version 1.1) or Lr CC.

My bet is, that it is on the short list of features being worked on.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.  I found I was able to download the classic version with my subscription which I believe has it.  I just want a basic editing ability... hopefully this works.  Thanks again!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very Sad that Adobe removed a critical feature for this cloud version - I have the functionality in every free photo editor out there - but not LCC????   Not acceptable - this has been identified as a gap for over a YEAR.  Come on Adobe - you need to do better.

And get HDR fixed too..   I am seriously thinking about cancelling my subscription and buying a one-time $ package.   You guys are dropping the ball - get your Go To Market process fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe didn't "remove" anything from Lightroom CC. Lightroom CC is a new version, developed from the ground up, completely independent from what you would refer to as the "old" Lightroom. As I understand it, everything that is in Lightroom CC is designed to be compatible across all platforms, and that includes all mobile devices. I think that creates new challenges that makes it difficult to provide all features that users expect and want. Features are added as they are developed and are integrated into ALL platforms.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh - okay.  So if Adobe didn't remove any features in Lightroom CC, can you please provide the instructions on how to remove Red eye?

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be right that they didn't drop anything from the new cloud based version of Lightroom but no red eye removal is a basic function of most free photo editor apps and a massive oversight for an app like Lightroom. Clearly the push for cloud based services is into the mobile marketplace and a larger (amateur and casual photographer) market so missing red eye is baffling at best. Especially since it has been over a year and several updates since this and posts similar to it have appeared on these forums. Wake up Adobe!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another vote for a red eye removal tool.   I can't believe that I either have to pay an extra $10 per month or dump the cloud based service.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it possible that in 2021, Adobe still has not provided a red eye removal feature in the new version (cloud version, non-classic version or what ever you want to call it)?  That is hard to imagine, but I cannot find it any where.  

Does anyone know?  I am really trying not to go back to classic, I love the workflow, but I keep hitting road blocks.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines