• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reinstalling Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I previously tried the free trial a couple of years ago. Now that I have purchased lightroom CC and trying to install this onto my computer, its installing the previous version. How do I install the latest version onto my computer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

kellyh38652345  wrote

I previously tried the free trial a couple of years ago.

That would have been what is now called Lightroom Classic CC.

In late 2017, Adobe split Lightroom into two completely separate products: CC (Cloud based, no catalog) and Classic CC (desktop based with catalog). Which one have you purchased?

Now that I have purchased lightroom CC and trying to install this onto my computer, its installing the previous version.

You have posted in the Cloud based Lightroom CC forum. Please co

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kellyh38652345  wrote

I previously tried the free trial a couple of years ago.

That would have been what is now called Lightroom Classic CC.

In late 2017, Adobe split Lightroom into two completely separate products: CC (Cloud based, no catalog) and Classic CC (desktop based with catalog). Which one have you purchased?

Now that I have purchased lightroom CC and trying to install this onto my computer, its installing the previous version.

You have posted in the Cloud based Lightroom CC forum. Please confirm exactly which version you have purchased and what you mean by "previous version".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never heard the term catalog (sorry im kinda new to this) and so im thinking its the CC cloud based seeing as it sync with the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Catalog is the heart and soul of Classic CC.

How Lightroom Classic CC catalogs work

Prior to Oct 2017, what is now Lightroom Classic CC was simply known as CC. After that, Adobe re-branded CC to Classic CC and introduced a brand new CC - confusing everyone in the process..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannot understand how a fine company like Adobe, which makes fantastic individual products, can produce such a mess in its product ecosystem, so that you must be an expert just to guess which product did you buy and even more knowledgeable to understand the differences and relationships between the products.  Furthermore, the only real help you can get is through this voluntary community.  There is no hot line or any similar mechanism.  BTW, the products are not for free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines