• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Renaming files in Lightroom

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I rename a file in Lightromm Desktop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic, press F2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not LR Classic but the cloud based Lightroom CC, as a part of the Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you should post in the Lightroom forum and not the Lightroom Classic forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, you cannot rename files in Lr Desktop. Yes, it's dumb and b.....y irritating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question: If I also subscribe to LR Classic, will I this sync with LR? That is, I need to have both?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any images you sync to the cloud from Lightroom desktop or mobile devices will be synced to Lightroom Classic. However, Classic can only sync smart previews for any images you import into it.

Using both togther can be problematic until you've worked out a workflow. Personally, even though I know the pitfalls and can easily work round them, I can't be bothered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I understand. If I subscribe to LR Classic and import my pictures into this, rename them etc., will I then be able to see them on my mobile devices and LR desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within LRC, if you put the images in a Collection, you can then sync that collection and see them in Mobile. If I go on Holiday and take 1000 photos, I may move (say) 30 of them into a Collection so I can show them to friends. But it's not cool to show 1000 photos of your trip to friends. ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I totally agree with you. And actually is that the way I have done it up to now, however in the old stand alone LR Classic. I will change the Adobe package to Photoshop, Lightroom Classic so I have this opportunity. Again, thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic can only sync smart previews to the cloud. Therefore, Lightroom Desktop and mobile apps will not have access to the original raw files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I moved your post to a better forum, Lightroom from LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines