Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing Images for Instagram - Lightroom Cloud

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Can someone walk me through how to resize images for instagram using Lightroom cloud without cropping/compromising the photo?  I'm unable to find any tutorials online that are specific to Lightroom Cloud (all Lightroom Classic).  I understand that you can change the Aspect Ratio selection to 4x5 on the crop panel, but doing so is cutting the head or feet off my portrait. 

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can post non-square images in instagram if you don't want to crop them to fit a square format. Instagram portrait size is 1080x1350. When you post you select that size if you don't want to size it in Lr first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response!  I would like to resize in Lr first, but I don't know how to resize without cutting the photo. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure that I understand... you can't change the proportion of an image without cropping it and 'cutting' out part of your image. Once you select the cropping tool and then the crop ratio you can move the image within the new frame border to what looks best. Check out this tutorial: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/how-to/lightroom-crop-image.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines