• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running CC and Classic separately, so they don't even know each other

Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom CC 4.4 (latest) installed. It's configured to not use the cloud, I just save on my computer. Because of the greatly different features, I want to installe Lightroom Classic as well. I don't want the two to interact in any way, and I don't want them to use the same photo libraries. 

Can I just install Classic and it will leave my current CC installation alone, including all the preferences, presets, and libraries?  

MacBook Pro 2019 Catalina. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

As long as you do not enable syncing in Lightroom Classic, the two programs should coexist in walled gardens.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you do not enable syncing in Lightroom Classic, the two programs should coexist in walled gardens.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't mark this as correct, but it somehow got that way which is fine if a moderator thinks it should be. The reason I didn't is, it has very little information of the kind a complete beginner needs. I would assume Syncing will enable itself by default on installation, so "as long as you don't enable syncing" didn't reassure me. I had no idea where to start to enable or disable syncing. Of course my assumption might be incorrect but it still left me uncertain.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will comment- Lightroom-Classic is not set to 'Sync' by default. You need to click on the 'Cloud' icon (top-right corner) to allow you to enable sync with the Cloud ecosystem. So, NO LrC sync, unless you turn it 'on'.

But if you try to use BOTH Lightroom and Lightroom-Classic on the one machine you will run into difficulties. The major one being that Lr-Classic needs your image files locally, on a connected hard-drive.

Lightroom expects your image files to be stored in the Cloud ecosystem.

This following quote is from this link- COMPARE LR & LR-CLASSIC (Lr Queen)

"Both the local file system and the cloud want to be in charge of your photos, which would result in lots of conflicts."

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines