• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running really slow and crashing

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I upgraded to Windows 11 Lightroom has been running really slow and crashing. I have Version 5.3. I have a very high spec laptop so it is not a laptop performance issue. I also have over 30% free HDD space and I have a SSD drive with 1Tb of space. 32GB RAM and Intel i9 10885H plus NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Pawel,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry for the trouble with Adobe Lightroom. We are here to help.

Could you please confirm the type of images you are working with? Are they JPEG or RAW? Does the lag or slow performance appear after a series of steps, or does Lightroom appear slow since the launch? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

The Intel® Core™ i9-10885H Processor comes with Intel® UHD Graphics, and you have a discrete Nvidia GeForce GTX 2060. Your machine automatically decides which graphics processor to utilize.

Please check and ensure the High-Performance GPU is dedicated to Adobe Lightroom.

• Right-click anywhere on the desktop and choose the NVIDIA control panel.
  • Click Manage 3D settings.
  • Click Program Settings and add Lightroom.exe. Change the preferred graphics processor to a High-performance NVIDIA processor.
  • Launch Lightroom.

In Adobe Lightroom, you can keep the storage location of the original to the SSD (assuming it is an internal drive) as it is faster than the HDD so previews will load faster. Storing a copy of originals is purely optional, set the location of the rest of the database onto the SSD.

SameerK_0-1651155789612.png

Let us know if this works.

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines