• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Send to Photoshop as SRGB

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I send a photo to Edit in Photoshop as an srgb from Lighroom?

In Lightroom Classic, I can go to  Edit > Preferences > External Editor > Color Space SRGB.

But in LR cloud there's no such option under preferences.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TBMK I do not believe you can. Lr defaults to Profoto TIF when the image opens in Ps. (Even changing the 'Color Settings' in Ps to sRGB did not change the default from Profoto.)

You can do either-

1) [Save] the image back to Lightroom, then [Export] a JPG in sRGB from Lightroom, or

2) While in Ps [Export] as JPG sRGB. (This will NOT return the JPG to the Lr library.)

Why must you 'open' an image in the sRGB color space?

Other 'color' experts may have answers!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only way is to either export to RGB tiff, open that up in Photoshop and import the saved file to Lightroom, or to simply change the colorspace in Photoshop itself. Lightroom Cloudy lacks these options ostensibly because there was an effort to keep the interface as easy to approach as possible as newcomers complained about the steep learning curve of Lightroom and the myriad of options to choose from before the split into Classic and Cloudy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening an image as sRGB may not be a good idea anyway. I assume you want to edit image in Photoshop (otherwise you could simply export a copy). Editing is always better in 16 bits and a large color space. If your final image needs to be in sRGB for whatever reason, then convert the final result to sRGB in Photoshop, not the input image.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To convert to sRGB, in Photoshop  you need to use Convert to Profile and select sRGB from the RGB dropdown options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@selondon  The [Export As...] menu function has all you need to Save the Ps document as JPG sRGB- (without converting Profiles, etc)

Then you can either simply [Close] the document in Ps and NOT Save the default TIFF, or [Save] the TIFF that will return to the Lightroom Catalog.

2022-02-28 09_41_40-Clipboard.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines