• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting Capture Date

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am loading negative files into Lightroom, from files going back over 50 years.  I'm trying to keep them in date order, but the Capture Date is no help - I can't just specify a year and month when I don't have the exact date each frame was captured, and when I try to set a date for a film roll, it puts in a range of dates across all the images.  Is there any way I can make the Capture Date useful, or do I have to use keywords?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't set just the year or just the year and the month. You'll need to set a full date, so just take the first of the month.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's what I've been doing, but if I enter a date on a group of pictures, it automatically allocates different dates to each picture, so they are not in the month I had specified. So this would only work if I enter that date on each picture individually. There should be more flexibility, it feels like I'm fighting with the program to make it work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom isn't really desigend for scanned images. It's desigend for digital cameras. It will change the capture date to the same extend for each image. What you can do is sort them by date, and then select them in small batches with dates sufficiently close to each other, and then change the capture date of such a batch.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines