• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shared albums aren't appearing in my Lightroom app

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have multiple albums that have been shared with me, I click the link in the email and can view them onlinem but they don't appear in the desktop app where it's actually useful. What am I doing wrong please? I'm in a 7 day trial for the software and have lost 2 days with this issue, makes me wonder of this software is even worth it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They should appear in the Lightroom desktop app, but you'll need to use the "Shared" tab, next to the "Albums" tab. That then opens a different list of shared albums which is in two sections: "Shared Albums" would list those albums that you have shared with others, and "Shared with You" should list those albums that have been shared with you....but it only lists albums that you have been specifically "invited to view" using your email address. If the user simply sends you a direct URL link which is for an "Anyone can View" album, that will not appear in the Lightroom Desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim - yeah, I've ticked those boxes but still no joy. I can see them online (where I can do little with them!) but not in the desktop app.

No help from Adobe, of course, which is surprising given I'd imagine the best time for a greedy corporate behemoth to help someone is whilst they're in a trial perdiod! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a bit odd. I wonder if it's a limitation during the trial, though that would be surprising. You said that you "can see them online", but how exactly are you viewing them? Are you simply clicking on the link that was sent to you, or are you independently logging into your LrWeb portal (by logging in a lightroom.adobe.com)?  If the latter, what you can do with the images in the shared album depends on the share attributes that the owner has set. There are basically three options that they can set: View only (self explanatory), Contribute (you can add image to the album which the owner can then use as his own), Edit (which also allows Contribute, but the edit part allows you to edit any of the images in the album).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This always happened to me I dont know why. I bet their syncing got issue. ALWAYS. I'm using paid version BTW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Double check and see if you have 2 versions installed. I had 2 copies, one had none of the photos (shared or otherwise) and the 2nd showed everything. Both were logged in with the same account. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines