• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

shared albums can't be viewed online

Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even as recently as ast week, I could create a shared album and share it. As of last night, when I go through the same steps and go to the link, I get an error message from my brower along these lines: safari/chrome/whatever can't open site because it can't provide a secure connection. 

I've tried: 

• deleting the album and trying again with a new link
  • creating and sharing from my ipad and phone
  • viewing the link in various places

I've searched online and come up empty. Any ideas? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe and they are reading from a pretty poorly written support script. The shared link worked fine for the tech, so even though it didn't work on my laptop, ipad, or iphone (the latter using data, not my home network), he assumed it was a computer issue. I suggested it was a network error on adobe's end and the reason why he could view it and not me was the it was propogating, but he didn't know what that meant. Then he wanted to remotely control my comptuer—considering his level of exerptise, my answer was "hell no". 

I'm assuming this is an adobe network error and will fix itself over time, but it's frustrating that this is the level of service they have. Also, I have zero trust for some unnamed tech following a support script to 'take control of my computer'. I'm shocked that's even a thing Adobe would offer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you receive an answer to your problem? Did it fix itself after some time?  I have the exact same problem.  It started yesterday and the adobe tech who i allowed to remote in clearly did not know how to resolve the issue.  Definitely not a computer issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too just started having this issue and I have been sharing albums like this for a long time. The album is still viewable in some circumstances, for example on my iPhone, but only disable wifi. Really strange!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are still experiencing this issue today, can you share the link to the album here? Or a test album so the community can verify the behavior is wide-spread or limited to a system-specific issue?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://adobe.ly/3o0JClp 

I send the link in an Apple message to an iphone user, it doesn't open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The share is set to "anyone can view"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problems viewing that one picture album using Chrome and Safari on my Mac Mini M1 (MacOS 11.6), or using Safari on both my iPhone (iOS 14.8) and iPad Pro (iPadOS 14.8).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Must be a problem at the reader's end. I need to go to see their phone; I'm not getting clear answers to my questions 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a look on my friend's iphone. The link in the imessage opens Safari but all you get is a black page. Iphone 11, ios up to date, connection via home wifi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks fine on my macbook pro and my iPhone 11 Max in Chrome.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, je viens de tester sur mon iPadPro iPadOS15.0.2 :
Navigateur Firefox 38.1 (6216) les accès avec le lien généré proposé ici ne fonctionne pas , Firefox s'ouvre, mais la barre de chargement ne se stabilise jamais. Si je tente de me connecter avec l'adresse habituelle : lightroom.adobe.com depuis Firefox, ça ne fonctionne pas non plus.
Navigateurs Chrome et Safari, ces liens fonctionnent correctement.
Sur mon smartphone Androïd 11, CPH2021 build/RP1A.200720.011 et navigateur Chrome 94.0.4606.71 OK, navigateur Firefox, message d'erreur, le site n'est pas complétement pris en charge par Firefox, mettre à jour votre navigateur et c'est Chrome qui m'est proposé en remplacement de Firefox ???
Il y a probablement un problème avec Firefox sur mobiles !

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines