Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shared settings

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have shared recently an album and made the set-up to allow people to download the pictures.

This feature doesn't work.

I can see the problem is the same on the other albums I shared.

I have tried to modify (I cancel the sharing and made all the set-up again) but I can't solve the issue.

Please help.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @X100V 

Please look at the advice on this page to see if it helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/save-share-photos.html 

Is the problem that people cannot see your shared albums, or the photos inside the albums?  If so, the problem may be that your albums are set to Invite Only (which requires your friends to create an Adobe ID and sign in).  That setting is useful if you want to allow your friends and family to add their own photos to you albums.  However, for easy viewing, please try setting Anyone Can View in your album's share settings:

IMG_0156.PNG

 

Or is the problem that people cannot save and download images in the shared albums after you enable "Allow JPG downloads" in the shared album Link Settings?

IMG_0155.PNG

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

thanks for your reply.

People can see the photos but downloading is impossile even if the set-up is like on your 2nd print screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your shared album has "Allow JPG downloads" enabled, users should see "Download" available in thew 3-dot menu for each image:

Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 11.48.36 AM.jpg

 

I'm guessing you wonder why users cannot download multiple images at once.  The site lightroom.adobe.com doesn't support batch download for album members.  However, if members of your album have their own Lightroom login, downloading and signing into the free Lightroom Mobile app will allow them to select multiple images and export to their device camera roll.  The Lightroom desktop app available via Mac and Windows apps stores and also from adobe.com can also do the same thing, but I believe free users visiting your shared album may have to start a free trial to use the app (and even after the free trial ends they will still be able to use Lightroom desktop to access your shared album)

I hope some info here helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

thanks for your reply.

People can see the photos but downloading is impossile even if the set-up is like on your 2nd print screen

By @X100V

Can you post a screenshot that shows the album's share settings? How are you making the album available for viewing, specific invitations or is it set to "anyone can view"?

Are the people that you've shared the album with reporting that they cannot download, or are you drawing that conclusion by viewing the album in your own LrWeb portal in your own browser? As @Charlie.D has explained, you as the owner will not see the download option for your own shared albums when you view them in your own portal. However, if you click on the album, then click on the share settings icon, in the resulting share options screen click directly on the URL in the Link Access section, that will open the album in a separate browser window, but now you will be seeing it in the same view that your users will have (i.e. not the "owner's view") and in that mode the download option (both for the entire album or individual images) will be available if the download option has been set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please find below a printscreen showing how the setp-up is done (sorry the app in French).

It is in "anyone can view" mode.

I don't have the issue on my side with my own browser. It is an issue reported by a friend. 

There is no issue when the user is logged in with in own account but it was not mandatory to be logged in before. I use this feature for quite a long time and some person in my family could download all pictures at once without any Adobe account.

IMG_0001.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For sure, if the album share is set to "Anyone Can View" then certainly that album can be viewed and downloaded without having an Adobe account. So I'm not sure why it's not working for your friend when they are not logged in. Perhaps @Charlie.D might be able to explain it, but I cannot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still think the issue might be that:

1. The site lightroom.adobe.com doesn't support batch download for album members.  People need to visit each image to see the download option.

2. The owner can download one's own original image, but visitors can download only a full size JPG with edits applied.

@X100V , if we're still not speaking to your question, would it be possible to post a screen recording showing the problem?  Seeing the workflow from your point of view, or what your visitors see, might help us understand the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Charlie.D

I'm sorry but the batch download feature for people without Adode account is supported.

For a reason, I can't explain, the issue I was facing is now solved.

Here is a printscreen of a link I created (anyone can access) opened on my computer at work (not logged in any Adobe account). It works as it used to work before.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines