• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing from CC storage or LR Gallery (sharing individual images to forums etc)

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to share an image to forums using BB code at all?

I know you can share albums and images via the panels with either links directly to the gallery page etc but i cannot find a way to share individual images from either CC or LR Gallery like i would using say flickr or imagebb. 

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can share a link, eg:

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/516af83f-2aa5-4a01-6bf6-57030df7c50e

but it's better to just copy and paste:

kglad_0-1666531564549.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you from the lightroom gallery pages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copy and paste:

kglad_2-1666536879653.png

or again, link:

https://adobe.ly/3smPcQ1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can share the link easily enough... 

https://adobe.ly/3F9i7if

but how do i copy and paste that picture into a forum post? the only way i can see is by inserting it as an image on this particular forum but on other forums using the BB code etc, you cant do that... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if a forum won't allow a paste, you should check with that forums admin to see if it can be done, at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont think you understand what im saying, on flickr and imagebb etc you can get sharing code to share an individual image on a forum - you cant get that from what i can see from either CC or the LR gallery pages, you can share the image via a direct link or email it etc but there are no options to share the image via a forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'll move your post where you can see if others have more to add.

<moved from cc services>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you explain to me your process of "copy and paste" please? like how are you pasting it into this reply box are you using the insert photo option above the text box or ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using my mouse, i right click over the image> click copy.

in this forum, i right click in a message reply field> click paste.

the process is the same as copy/paste for  text (except selecting is easier).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah when i try and do what you are saying you do - i get a message at the bottom of the text box saying "Image upload failed. Try uploading a different image or from some other source."

however, for most forums i wouldnt be able to do what your suggesting anyway. 

As far as i can tell, CC nor LR Gallery will let me share the image in a way that flickr/imagebb etc will, which is annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, it's easy to have an image that's too large.  that rose is over 2 mb, i think, and it's cropped 

and images can be shared, but i avoid social media so i don't know if that works any differently than getting a link others have to click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you check out the screenshot i posted further down, that shows how imagebb offers you all the codes for posting to different forums or websites etc - it allows you to display the image on the forum without having to leave the page, CC/LR gallery only appears to let you link to the image so you have to click the link and navigate away from the page you are on, which is annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it sounds like the the cc storage system doesn't meet your needs.  it's designed to facilitate work on files with others and with yourself on other devices.

here's basic info:  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/about-cloud-documents.html

then for more info go here and check the beginner (if applicable) tutorials for cc useage and then advanced, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/tutorials-explore.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah its just frustrating 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's between frustrating and impossible when you're trying to make it do something it was not designed to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fair enough

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oh, i didn't mean that as a criticism. i find it difficult to understand too. 

and i gave up trying to customize it to what i wanted it to do.  now i just appreciate it does what it does seemlessly: eg,  open a pic in lr mobile and it's available on all your cc apps on all your devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_20221016_130711_YouTube.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see iv posted the above image just using the insert image icon and uploading my image, but a lot of forums dont let you do that they want you to post the image url using bb code such as this image attached - see how that service shows you all the codes available etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image_2022-10-23_163116140.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines