• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing Local Storage location?

New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere; I couldn't find this specific scenario.

I use Lightroom (cloud) on two devices: a mac desktop and a mac laptop.  I have a Synology NAS.  Although I can set the local storage location to different folders on the NAS for each device, I would like Lightroom on both devices to share the same local storage location, so that I only have one copy of each photo stored on the NAS, rather than two.

I've configured the local storage on both devices to point to the same folder on the NAS, and this _seems_ to work, but wondering whether anyone else has tried this successfully/unsuccessfully?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I think it should work OK. I did test it some while ago and didn't see any specific issues. The bigger issue is likely to be the use of the NAS as some users have had problems accessing their network drives in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines