• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simultaneously delete photos from LR and PC

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, does anyone know if there is a way to delete pictures from LR CC and for the same "click" delete them (permanently) from my computer, please?

TOPICS
macOS , Web

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Correct. The original folders with photos are obsolete as soon as they have been imported in Lightroom. Local copies made by Lightroom should (eventually) be deleted when the cloud copy is deleted, because Lightroom considers the cloud copy to be the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are they on your computer? If these are images you imported from your hard disk into Lightroom, then the answer is negative. Lightroom does not know the images are still there and does not manage them. If these are local copies that Lightroom saved on your disk, then theh will automatically be deleted (but that may take a little time).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I think I understand. So, first, I do not need to keep my photos in folders created by me in my HD, just to import them to LR CC directly from the downloaded pictures creetd by my camera, which will send the pictures to a LR CC folder created by the programme. Second, when I delete a photo from LR CC, the photo will stay in that folder (created by LR CC in my HD) for 60 days, then, the photo will be gone. Am I correct, JohanElzenga, please? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. The original folders with photos are obsolete as soon as they have been imported in Lightroom. Local copies made by Lightroom should (eventually) be deleted when the cloud copy is deleted, because Lightroom considers the cloud copy to be the original.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. And am I right that what I delete stays 60 days available and then it is gone for ever?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe a deleted photo stays in the cloud for 60 days. I do not know if the same period applies to local copies.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines