• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slideshow in Lightroom CC

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I create a slideshow in Lightroom CC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

You can't.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was afraid of that. I will probably revert to Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best options are available in your Lr Web app. You use segmentation and text and can share a link and (optionally) allow downloads.

https://lightroom.adobe.com/

This is an example I made:

https://adobe.ly/2zdFqSF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I will look into that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can of course view slideshows on phone or tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I didn't think of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Norm,

Don't know how important slideshows are to you.  If they are, investigate video editing programs.   My favorite is Premiere Elements.  Lightroom Classic's Slideshow module works but is limited. 

There are a few reasons why....

- There is a lot more control and opportunity in Premiere Elements with titles, transition, music tracks, etc. 

- Output choices range from quick  transfer to YouTube or Vimeo that make it easy for viewers to see your slide show on anything with a screen. 

- One output choice is 4K for anyone that has a 4K TV!  Last I looked, Lightroom only does 1920x1080.

- As an Adobe product, Premiere Elements has ACR built in.  If you elect to save work in XMP files in Lightroom Classic, Premiere Elements will see and import the images as RAW files with the Lightroom Adjustments. 

- 4K slideshows made from RAW image files on a big 4K TV are the best slideshows I've ever seen.  I used to think it would be nice if Kodachrome came back.  Not any more! 

- Premiere Elements is cheap.....especially this weekend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I will see what the price is for Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Norm4857  wrote

Thanks. I will see what the price is for Elements.

Normally it is about $100.  This weekend it is about $60 at places in the USA like B&H or Amazon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I will purchase it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is what OP was looking for exactly, but Lightroom CC creates a web slideshow view when you share an album. If you create an album in LRCC, then go to the link created, you (and whoever you share that link with) will see a SLIDESHOW button at the top. HINT: make sure you change the picture order AND set the cover image before you create the shared link. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but when I exported to the web, it didn't maintain sort order, and there were no pan and zoom effects. 

I was trying Lightroom because I read it was a good way to create slideshows.   I guess that was the non cloud version.  Wow isn't the cloud wonderful (said with dripping sarcasm)

Seriously, no slideshow feature????  That's just beyond bizarre.  Even Microsoft's File Explorer tool has a slideshow.   I could understand this if it was some freeware tool, but this is a $$ tool.    Pitiful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you ch be the date of the photos so that it sorts properly on "actual date", then the web slide show will also be in the right order. Also if you use the export function to upload the pics to Google Photos or import them to Photoshop to create a timeline slideshow, it will also show the pics in the right order.  You have to use the desktop version of LR to change the date :  iPad and iPhone apps don't allow date change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable that with all the over bloated functionality that is being built into LR something as simple as a slideshow for those of us that like to show our albums to family members but NOT share an album or link is not possible. Looks like I will need to export to SmugMug and work it from there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines