How can I create a slideshow in Lightroom CC?
I was afraid of that. I will probably revert to Classic.
Thanks. I will look into that.
You can of course view slideshows on phone or tablet.
Thanks. I didn't think of that.
Don't know how important slideshows are to you. If they are, investigate video editing programs. My favorite is Premiere Elements. Lightroom Classic's Slideshow module works but is limited.
There are a few reasons why....
- There is a lot more control and opportunity in Premiere Elements with titles, transition, music tracks, etc.
- Output choices range from quick transfer to YouTube or Vimeo that make it easy for viewers to see your slide show on anything with a screen.
- One output choice is 4K for anyone that has a 4K TV! Last I looked, Lightroom only does 1920x1080.
- As an Adobe product, Premiere Elements has ACR built in. If you elect to save work in XMP files in Lightroom Classic, Premiere Elements will see and import the images as RAW files with the Lightroom Adjustments.
- 4K slideshows made from RAW image files on a big 4K TV are the best slideshows I've ever seen. I used to think it would be nice if Kodachrome came back. Not any more!
- Premiere Elements is cheap.....especially this weekend!
Thanks. I will see what the price is for Elements.
Thanks. I will purchase it.
I'm not sure if this is what OP was looking for exactly, but Lightroom CC creates a web slideshow view when you share an album. If you create an album in LRCC, then go to the link created, you (and whoever you share that link with) will see a SLIDESHOW button at the top. HINT: make sure you change the picture order AND set the cover image before you create the shared link. Hope this helps!
Thanks, but when I exported to the web, it didn't maintain sort order, and there were no pan and zoom effects.
I was trying Lightroom because I read it was a good way to create slideshows. I guess that was the non cloud version. Wow isn't the cloud wonderful (said with dripping sarcasm)
Seriously, no slideshow feature???? That's just beyond bizarre. Even Microsoft's File Explorer tool has a slideshow. I could understand this if it was some freeware tool, but this is a $$ tool. Pitiful.
Unbelievable that with all the over bloated functionality that is being built into LR something as simple as a slideshow for those of us that like to show our albums to family members but NOT share an album or link is not possible. Looks like I will need to export to SmugMug and work it from there