• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Albums, Saved Filters?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is everyone organizing their photos in Lightroom CC? For me it seems the albums functionality is almost worthless. Searching seems fine but does anyone have a method they use to better curate their photos? I know Classic does this well of course but it seems like we need some middle ground between the app that does everything for organization and the other app that does basically nothing.

Thanks

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

You might like to add your vote to this feature request: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-ideas/lightroom-ecosystem-please-add-smart-folders/idi-p/12240055

Personally, I use albums for the groupings I need to view most frequently, and search for the rest, but the request certainly gets my vote.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might like to add your vote to this feature request: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-ideas/lightroom-ecosystem-please-add-...

Personally, I use albums for the groupings I need to view most frequently, and search for the rest, but the request certainly gets my vote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah, thanks so much Victoria. I've added my vote. I was looking for product feedback on the Adobe site. Is that the closet thing they have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the new spot for bugs and feature requests, as of today. It links in with their back end systems and is tracked by the applicable staff. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A mix of keywords, titles and other meta-data plus albums is my go-forward structure.

I have defined a whole workflow process, mostly working around the lack of features to actually manage images that are missing from Lr coud ecosystem.

The smart folders @Victoria Bampton LR Queen  linked too is a great solution to allow end users to build descent management tools for images..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Timothy

I need to use keywords more. I strayed from them after GPS came along, as well as iPhoto/Aperture/Photos using face recognition, but keywords are forever and I like the idea of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines