• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Preview or Original Image filter

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can view on an image by image basis in LR whether the cloud file is a smart preview or the original file format i.e. jpeg or raw via the info button. Is there a way to view all of the files on the cloud that are not smart previews? My reason for wanting this is so that I can reduce them so that I can stay inside my stroage limit by converting them to smart previews which do not affect my storage limit.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe there is a way, at least I can't think of one at the moment.

One more thing to add is that you can't convert to Smart Preview in the Cloud.

Assuming you use Classic, you'd have to delete from the Cloud and resync from Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I did find a way of at least identifying easily which ones were smart previews and which were not but could not filter. By selecting the second grid view at the bottm of the screen in LR I was able to see whcih were smart previews as they had a small circle with cross hatching 

image.jpeg

I can then identify which ones were not and then as you say go back into LR classic and reimport as smart preview 

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, of course forgot about the icon.

I also forgot that if you Filter by Sync Status you can choose 'Synced from Lightroom Classic'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried filtering by synch status but this does not differentiate what images are stored on cloud in the original format, only that it has been synched. Thanks though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It should differentiate, i.e. the filter should display various categories, but the two that you'd be interested in would be "Synced and Backed Up" (which means they are original files) and "Synced from Lightroom Classic" (which means they are smart previews). Note, however, that the filter only works on the current source, so if you are working in an album which contains only originals, the "Synced from Lightroom Classic" entry would not appear. So, make sure you click on All Photos before running the Sync Status filter in order to get a full picture of the cloud contents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines