• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some imported images on new Macbook Pro do not preview.

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After syncing my Lightroom cloud storage in the Lightroom application on my new 2021 Macbook Pro, not all synced photos have a correct preview. Nevertheless all photos can be edited.

When opening my library via my old 2013 Macbook or via Lightroom Mobile on Iphone all previews are correctly displayed. Both Macbooks are running Lightrooms latest version (5.2). Any ideas on possible cause?

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd love to help you figure this out. We are here to help.

Could you please confirm the version of macOS you are working on right now? Is the new MacBook Pro based on Apple silicon (M1 Series) or intel-based? Have you recently imported a large batch of images? Does this happen with any specific file type or range of images, or is it just random?

Please follow these steps to launch Adobe Lightroom from the Terminal.

• Quit Adobe Lightroom.
  • Go to Finder > A

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd love to help you figure this out. We are here to help.

Could you please confirm the version of macOS you are working on right now? Is the new MacBook Pro based on Apple silicon (M1 Series) or intel-based? Have you recently imported a large batch of images? Does this happen with any specific file type or range of images, or is it just random?

Please follow these steps to launch Adobe Lightroom from the Terminal.

• Quit Adobe Lightroom.
  • Go to Finder > Applications > Adobe Lightroom
  • CTRL-click or right-click on the launcher of Adobe Lightroom and choose 'Show Package Contents.'
  • In the following window, go to Contents > macOS folder > Adobe Lightroom (with the terminal logo)
  • Open Lightroom once and check if the previews are generated.

If this does not work, it could be related to Sync issues.

You can also log on to Lightroom Web (https://lightroom.adobe.com) to check current Sync issues on the left part of the screen.

SameerK_0-1647344265420.png

If there are any sync issues, click on them to know more, find the original for those images, and back them up safely before you empty the Sync issues from Lightroom Web.

We hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sameer, 

After the opening of Lightroom from the Terminal all the previews were generated. You're a genius!

FWIW, what's the difference between general launching Lightroom vs from the Terminal? 

If this is a help to you for future cases, i'm running macOS version 12.1 (Monterey) and an Apple M1 chip. There was no pattern in which images were displayed and which not...

Thanks for the help man, highly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines