• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some of my photos are imported to Lightroom but not showing

New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: For some (I don't see clear pattern for which photo this issue occurs) photos or folders when I try to add them from local file, the message that the file(s) are added pup up but no photos are added. Once occure it starts to be deterministic - I can try to add the file again and no result, I'm not able to add that file to Lightroom mobile.

Lightroom version: v. 8.3.1 0045B8/34
OS and version: iPadOS 16.4.1

Steps to reproduce the issue (however, I didn't find a way to deterministicly find for which condition/files this issues occurs, but once occure it is easy to reproduce):

1. Import photo from local file.

step1.jpg

2. Choose the photo (might be jpg, raw - dosn't matter) and confirm import

choose_photo.jpg

3. Lightroom seems to import the photo, finish with message "one photo added" but actually the collection dosn't show the photo.

result.png

Is there any way to debug it? I.e. check local Ligtroom data base/file system to see if the fiels are there etc.? Than clean it to be able to import the files without issue?

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried going to All Photos are searching with the File Name?

Also, within the Album you are importing into, could there be any Filters applied that are preventing the files from viewing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried everything I could. Files are not visible naither in the
collection nor in All Photos. There are no filteres applied as well.

When I try to add these files to different collection, it is also not
visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Blazej Ch. 

Your screenshots show that you have raw+jpg pairs of images.  IIRC, Lightroom Mobile will import only the raw images in this case, to avoid showing what will look like duplicates of images.  Lightroom Mobile cannot combine images in a stack at this time -- if that were possible, the app could display just one thumb for each raw+jpg pair.  The LR desktop app has more advanced settings to handle this, I think.

If you are OK with LR Mobile importing/seeing both the raw and also jpg for each image, then I recommend importing in two stages: first import all the JPGs, then import all the Raw images.  See step 7 on this help page, to find the 3-dot menu in the import screen, to see the import options for Photos/Videos/Raws: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/import-mobile-ios.html 

This will allow a more complete import but for me personally, I find that culling/deleting unwanted photos later (especially JPG duplicates) is too much work, and I end up importing only the Raw photos.  However, that's simply my personal preference.  I hope you find what works best for you!

Kind regards,

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again @Blazej Ch. 

Sorry for the noise, I replied to your post before I saw your other screenshot.  

If you feel like images (regardless of raw/jpg nature) are simply never importing from external memory, please try importing directly from the Connected camera/card, instead of using the Files interface.  The Files method uses an alternate iOS API.  I find that Files method is not as strong as the direct (from SD or camera) method.  Also, it can't hurt to check that you have the latest iOS update applied.  

I hope this helps a bit!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines