• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony A7IV RAW files always import with "Matrix" Profile applied

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, running into an issue Lightroom on my iPad (latest iPadOS as of 11-25-22), and hoping someone can help.  

My previous camera was a Sony A7C, and when I used the B&W Creative Style on that camera, the RAW files that I imported into Lightroom always had a B&W Profile applied.  This made it easy to see which photos I had wanted to edit in B&W versus which ones I wanted to edit in color (sRGB) based on how I shot them in camera.

I just got a new Sony A7IV, but now when I import RAW files where I used the B&W Creative Style, they always show in color with the "matrix" profile applied.  This makes it impossible to determine which photos I wanted to be B&W, and which I wanted to be color.

Is there a setting in Lightroom I am missing to fix this?

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the ellipsis menu (3 dots) and go to App Settings. Click Import. Make sure Raw Default is set to Camera Matching. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  That setting was enabled already, but I turned it off, closed Lightroom, restarted my iPad, and then reenabled Camera Matching and now it's working correctly again.  

Not sure what caused the issue initially, but thanks again for helping me pinpoint something that fixed it.  Whew!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it's working again. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines