Hi, I have a big problem with my new iMac with chip M1.
I'm very surprised with the speed of individual adjustments, for example, when I want to crop a new photo, I click on the crop icon and wait a few tens of seconds before the cursor turns, and then I wait a few seconds for each additional action.I edit several hundred photos a day, and with so many slow speeds, I'm very slow!
We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom on your M1 iMac. Would you mind sharing the exact version of Lightroom you're using along with the macOS version you're working on? Please ensure you have the latest version of Lightroom along with the latest macOS updates installed on the computer.
If you're using the latest version of Lightroom/Lightroom Classic, please ensure that the app has the necessary permissions on your iMac by follwing the steps mentioned below:
1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.
2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Lightroom is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.
3. If Lightroom is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.
4. Also, grant permissions to Lightroom under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.
5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.
Many thanks for reply, I will try it. And I have one more question. What happened If I will have on my iMac two version of Lightroom. LrC and Lr 5 which I bought few years ago? Can it makes some problems?