• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

stop local storage

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just subscribed to Lightroom (ver. 5.6) I have set the preferences to minimum storage on my hard drive as i only want to store photos in the cloud, but when i am trying to upload them it is still using the hard drive AND telling me i cant continue as i dont have enough space on the hard drive, probably because i have set it to minimum so how do i turn it off altogether and use only the cloud storage? thanks.

Also is 5.6 an old version because the adobe chatbot said i cant speak to an advisor because i wasnt using a new version but if i am subscribed any paying monthly surely it should be up to date. thanksx2

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is what im getting, even after setting the local drive to minimum and pausing the sync on creative cloud desktop (there is no option to stop sync only to pause). 

IMG_1560.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom will always first copy the photos to the hard drive before uploading them. There is no way you can turn this off. The reason is that uploading is relatively slow, depening on the speed of your internet connection. If Lightroom would try to upload directly from the memory card to the cloud, then this would possibly take very long, or could fail completely if your internet connection is down. That is why it needs to use the hard drive as a local cache.

Do you have an external drive that you can use? If so, go to Preferences - Local Storage and click on the 'Browse' button at the bottom. This allows you to set a different location for copies of originals, even if you do not store a local copy.

1 2022-07-19 12-13-00.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its the hard drive im uploading from, I have photos in loads of different folders so i got lightroom thnking i could send them all to the cloud and save space on the hard drive. 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its the hard drive im uploading from, I have photos in loads of different folders so i got lightroom thnking i could send them all to the cloud and save space on the hard drive. 😞 

By @bm1601

Set that setting to the same hard drive. It sounds silly (and perhaps it is), but Lightroom will still make a copy before uploading those photos. The reason is that Adobe wants to be sure that you do not delete the original images too soon.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines