Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suggestion on editing

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!!

This is my very first post in this community. 
I have recently started with editing my photos in lightroom and I am still very far from gettingthe basics.

I wanted to ask this community on a edit that I have done in a picture captured using iphone.

Could anyone post about the mistakes I did as a part of this edit? 

The photo is taken in evening hours at around 4.30 PM IST.

Have attached the original photo along with the edited one.

Original

84CB8B27-1B69-415F-A775-4F9BD9B0FDF2.jpeg

Edited

EFA05BE4-F5F1-4CB7-902F-9A8787E58B46.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a question about Lightroom Classic?

If so, there's a lot of possible things you could do here, depending on what effect you are looking for. You could do any one of these things (or any combination of these things)

• Add contrast or dehaze to the sky to make it look more dramatic
  • Darken the sky
  • continue to work with colors and saturation to make the sun and surrounding areas more orange/yellow, and/or the sky areas more blue
  • lighten the foreground
  • crop the top and left side
  • and probably many other things

Here's an example of mine where I worked to increase the yellow/orange to make the sky more dramatic. https://www.flickr.com/photos/15947776@N06/50004121358/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your kind suggestions @dj_paige.

I'll try out these combinations and see what works best for me. But more specifically, I wanted to know what I did wrong in my edits. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's really no "right" or "wrong" here. Opinions like mine are neither right or wrong. You edit it the way you like it, and if you like it, that's great! success! Think of it more as an "opportunity for improvement" rather than "right" or "wrong".

However, your initial question (in my mind) is missing key information, such as: what software are you using? I could be more specific if I knew what software you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom App on my mobile. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you have posted in the wrong forum. THis is the Lightroom Classic forum. You need to ask questions in the Lightroom (ecosystem) forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ! Thanks for letting me know. I'll post my further queries in that forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post has been moved to the proper forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no right and wrong - it's all about personal taste. Technically, there is such a thing as correct color but that usually doesn't make me happy so I edit for happy color. Happy color is what makes you happy or if someone is paying you - what makes them happy.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines