Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync / copy location metadata

Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

How can I sync/copy location metadata from one picture to others?

For example from a picture taken with a smartphone to pictures taken with a camera.

I want to copy the exact coordinates.

Thank you!

Romain

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Using the Lightroom cloud ecosystem, the ability to enter, copy and paste GPS coordinates is not currently possible. The location data (Location, City, State/Province, Country) can be manually entered (and copied and pasted), just not the GPS coordinates.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

1. I don't know. Nobody but Adobe will know, and they never announce what features may be coming.

2. Because there are TWO current Lightroom versions running on MacOS and Windows (which is what you tagged the first post with). One is the Lightroom Desktop app, part of the cloud ecosystem, which does not allow manual entry of GPS coordinates. The other is the more traditional Lightroom Classic, which DOES allow manual geo-tagging (in fact it has a dedicated mapping module). I just needed to be

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us which version of Lightroom you are using? Do Help>System Info and paste a screenshot of the first 10 lines into a reply (use the Image icon in the post reply box to insert the screenshot, do not post a download link as many users will not use such links).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using mainly the latest Lightroom version on macOS. But I'm also using Lightroom on Windows, iPhone and iPad.

Version Lightroom : 4.4 MAS arm64 [ 20210805-0652-b84a95f ] (Aug  5 2021)
Version NGL: 1.25.0.7
Version WF: 3.3 690e611
Version VF: 0.1.34
Version HIL: 40400
Système d'exploitation : macOS
Version du SE : macOS 11.5.2 (20G95)
Architecture de l'application : arm64
Modèle d'ordinateur: MacBookAir10,1 / Apple M1
Nombre de processeurs logiques: 8
Vitesse du processeur : 0,0 Ghz
Mémoire intégrée : 8 192,0 Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Lightroom cloud ecosystem, the ability to enter, copy and paste GPS coordinates is not currently possible. The location data (Location, City, State/Province, Country) can be manually entered (and copied and pasted), just not the GPS coordinates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Are there plans to handle coordinates? If yes, when? If no, why?
  2. Why did you ask me which version I am using, knowing that no version allows it, and that it does not depend on the version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I don't know. Nobody but Adobe will know, and they never announce what features may be coming.

2. Because there are TWO current Lightroom versions running on MacOS and Windows (which is what you tagged the first post with). One is the Lightroom Desktop app, part of the cloud ecosystem, which does not allow manual entry of GPS coordinates. The other is the more traditional Lightroom Classic, which DOES allow manual geo-tagging (in fact it has a dedicated mapping module). I just needed to be sure which version you were using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Sorry, I thought you, an "Adobe Community Professional", were working for Adobe. Nothing on your profile clarifies that you're just a volunteer. I think Adobe should clarify that!

2. If the "macOS" tag implies "Lightroom Classic", then once again Adobe should clarify that. Or they should add tags to distinguish Lightroom CC from Lightroom Classic, as "macOS" isn't specific enough.

Anyway thank you very much for your time! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe staff usually have the Adobe icon for the avatar.

It also states "Adobe Employee" under the name.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until one has crossed an "Adobe Employee" or something, it's not clear what "Adobe Community Professional" means, and I still think that Adobe should clarify this. Even though I guess they deliberately blur the lines. 😉 By the way I'm not at all saying that Jim Wilde or any other "Community Professional" can't be helpful and everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Example post from Adobe Staff for contrast. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't help with the first point, it's not my forum. I think Adobe staff will be identified as Staff whenever they post. Adobe Community Professional is a badge given to many of the persistent volunteers who help out each day.

Regarding the second point, no "MacOS"  (and "Windows") doesn't specifically imply "Lightroom Classic" (it just as easily applies to Lightroom Desktop as well), it just meant that I could discount the Lightroom Mobile apps when considering my response. As it happens, you posted in the correct sub-forum (the Lightroom Ecosystem forum) so I could have simply assumed Lightroom Desktop and replied immediately that the feature isn't available there. However, every day there are many users posting in the wrong forum, and so we've rather got into the habit of checking the exact version first where it's not specified, especially in a situation like this where there would be a completely different answer depending on which app you are using. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand, thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines