• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync does not work

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allright so I searched all the forums found all possible solution which did not work. Contacted support.

First support employee was a nice woman searching for a solution. My pc at home is up to date, my laptop is not nor my mobile. Concluded the sync data needed to be rebuild from the pc because that one was probably most up to date and I could lose pictures if it was done with an unsynced device. 

That gave me not the safest feeling of my pictures. I started using the cloud because it was a backup. Now the sync data is corrupt with one month?

However.. I was not at home so she would call me back as she did. Sadly enough business was busy and it took me 2 extra hours to get home and she was free after that.

Second support person did not know the difference between lightroom cc and lightroom classic. Send me 3 links with solution for Lightroom classic. Even after telling each time I did not use lightroom classic. Did not look at my chat history either so I spend another 2 hours talking to the chat and eventually he concluded that my sync data was not working and that a senior technician needed to call me back to rename my library file. 

This senior technician would call me  back 2 hours later and never did. Now 14 hours later I am being told by a third support person I will be called back 4 to 6 hours from now. This is unacceptable. I need this for work yesterday. This is a business to business product with it's focus on cloud sync. The forums are full with non working syncs. Mine got corrupt with 2000 pictures and i have spend about 2 to 3 hours talking with support. 

Please adobe get your act together. For anyone thinking to switching from lightroom classic to CC like I did I would highly reccommend to stay far away in the current state because if your business depends on it, both the software and support are highly unreliably.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah and it gets worse. Haven't been contacted again as expected. Contacted the support again and was told that the senior technician will contact me within 24-48 hours on a business day... So it went from Friday evening tot monday or tuesday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a User to User Community forum, and we can only suggest help if we know more about your problem.

"Sync does not work" tells us very little!

Your comment "business to business product" suggests you are trying to 'share' to multiple businesses, which is not possible.

So -

Please include the following in your question:
Adobe product and Version number. A Screenshot of the info panel from MENU: Help/System Info...
Operating system and Version number
The full text of any Error Message(s)
What you were doing when the problem occurred
Screenshots of the problem

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah sorry, I thought this was a forum with some members of adobe too.

It was more a rant about the helpdesk not functioning. The solution is known, but should be done by the helpdesk employees which seem to refuse to call me back. Meanwhile Adobe lightroom is not working for about a week already. Adobe Lightroom is a business to business product and it is rather bad when it is not functioning for a week. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No need for an apology to the community, and you are not the first to find annoyance with helpdesk!

Re-reading your first post, I suspect you are expecting more from Lightroom 'Sync' than is actually possible when you say "business to business" (or are you referring to Your business < > Adobe)

Only from details of your system and expectations will other users be able to offer help.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines