• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync either stuck or not working at all

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me that the sync functionality for Lightroom products is getting worse.  I've had more troubles with syncing in recent releases that is really making it a useless feature and workflow.

My last issue forced me to clear all data which caused me to lose all my synced collections. 

This time, I imported almost 600 pictures into Lightroom Classic on my desktop and then let it sync.  I then went to my laptop and used Lightroom CC and could see the pictures and went throuh and spent a copule of hours picking and rating them. 

When I got back to the desktop, none of the rating tags synced.  Checking sync status, it shows a file from my phone is downloading. There's no other status or anything that indicates it's stuck.  I've deleted that file from my phone but no change. 

syncstuck.jpg

I've tried Rebuilding Sync Data and no changes are shown.  

I really don't want to delete all sync data again because I'm going to lose all my sync collections and I'm going to have to rebuild all those collections.

Losing the ability to make changes from multiple devices, or the web, and have them sync across devices removes 90% of the value of my subscription.  Today's bug has cost me several hours of work and I have to go through and re-rate and re-pick through the photos.

In addition to the sync problems with Lightroom CC is stuck syncing over 3600 photos.  

Any clues besides global destruction and rebuild of synced collections?

Currently on version 10.4 build 

Zone_99_0-1632441975625.png

TOPICS
Android , iPadOS , macOS , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you log in at https://lightroom.adobe.com and interrogate the Sync Issues album. Do you have anything showing there?

2020-11-11_13-25-31.png

For your deleted item check your Deleted album and make sure is completely purged.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That side bar does not exist for me.

The Deleted Items in  https://lightroom.adobe.com  shows 446 and in Lightroom CC it shows 388.

There are 52 items that are RAF files (Fuji) that https://lightroom.adobe.com won't display in the browser.  I just deleted those but I see no way to check sync issues on either CC or the web. 

Lightroom CC still shows 3603 needing to sync. I can't see how to check that number on the web app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"That side bar does not exist for me."

It does. It is in your screenshoot. The Sync Issues library is not listed (above Deleted) because you have no items that are in a Sync Issues status from the Cloud's perspective.

Again, tor your deleted item (I've deleted that file from my phone but no change. ) check your Deleted album and make sure is completely purged. Delete is a two step process. Once to move it to deleted items and once to remove it completely. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The insanity continues.  First, for the deleted photo, I did make sure that it was deleted and that it was removed completely by selecting to permanently delete it on the phone application. 

In order to proceed forward on my iPad Lightroom application, I had to delete it and re-add it.

In order to proceed forward on my phone Lightroom application, I had to delete it and re-add it.  The net result of this, though, was that a delete process was run and removed photos that I had already pulled back from deleted album on my phone.  Apparently, since the sync process is poorly designed, it synced the status of being deleted to another device but didn't sync that I had pulled it back so when I permanently deleted on one device, it killed the photo on the other.

Thanks for that Adobe....data loss is so appreciated.  And now I've lost an excellent B&W picture of barrels in a rickhouse from a trip to the Bourbon trail in Kentucky.  So fun.

Regardless, deleting the apps from my phone and iPad seems to have kickstarted the process between those two and, partially, to my Lightroom CC app on my Macbook Pro.   

However, Lightroom CC on the Macbook Pro still seems to think it's syncing 3289 files and it won't tel me what. There's nothing in the Deleted folder.  

I can't wait to see what I'm going to find when I get to my Lightroom Classic app.  

I would appreciate this being resolved in a manner that doesn't cause me to lose more files or edits.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update.

At this point I want to collect a log from you for the engineers to review. 

1. Close Lightroom
  2. Restart your computer
  3. Launch Lightroom
  4. Wait 10 minutes with Sync active

For LrDesktop

• Go to Preferences
  • Account Section
  • Hold down the [Opt/Alt] key to make [Diagnostic Log] button appear.

I will send you a private message with directions for uploading the file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I think I'm having the same problem, and have tried following various threads to get this resolved but to no avail. I even tried running the Diagnostic Report, but the Sync process chews up all memory and CPU and so after a few hours of waiting it still hadn't done the Report. I managed to run a Mini Report.

In its current state Lightroom is unusable and I've gone back to using Bridge so I can at least import images.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my first time posting so if I've done this in the wrong place please let me know, and I'll re-submit somewhere else.

All the best,

Karl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your screenshot shows you are not connected to a network. Internet connection is required for use with this software application.  Can you verify your internet connection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines