Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync fail and invalid or corrupt file

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been using Lightrooom for several years now, have never had an issue with uploading etc. Using same SSD and same mac that i have always used.

Now i can't upload almost any images. 

see below screenshots of the faults i encounter. I have deleted all failed files, i have removed and reinstalled Lightroom. I have tried uploading straight from Mac and other hard drives. If i drop in say 100 images from my harddrive it may allow 4-5 to work, the rest fail.

I have tried various file types as i first noticed the problem when i tried to upload an image i had shot with my phone.

Need help, i use Lightroom everyday for work and can't use it all now.

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 9.34.46 am.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-08 at 9.35.05 am.jpgScreen Shot 2021-09-08 at 9.35.40 am.jpgScreen Shot 2021-09-08 at 9.35.43 am.jpgScreen Shot 2021-09-08 at 9.40.55 am.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-08 at 9.41.10 am.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-08 at 9.41.24 am.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of things to try (more for diagnostic reasons)

A Preference File will survive a Lightroom uninstall/reinstall. Sometimes weird behavior is corrected/cured by resetting the preferences.

Reset Procedure:

1. Close Lightroom.

2. Hold down [Alt/Opt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom.

3. Overwrite the Preferences when prompted by the dialog.

4. Close Lightroom.

5. Restart Lightroom.

Does the behavior continue after resetting the preferences?

Create a Test User account on your Mac with full admin permisisons.  Log in with this test user account and try to replicate the failure. 

If the preference file reset and the test user account both fail to affect the problem, I would become suspicious of hardware failing.

Just curious. If you take a failed photo and attempt to upload it via Lightroom Web at https://lightroom.adobe.com does it fail also?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After resetting the preferences this has cleared my issue. Thank you. I have noticed that if i upload a photo and don't edit it, that it isn't able to be uploaded a second time and have trouble loctaing where it is. But that is not a major concern at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines