Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync is stuck

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC version 5.4. Windows 10.

I added more than100 photos today, and wanted to wait until it was finished sync'ing to the cloud before I closed my computer. But it never did. It's stuck on Syncing 115 items. When I press the View button next to the 'Syncing 115 items' status in the cloud icon menu, it opens a square grid with items being sync'd right now. If I order the items by 'modified date' ascending I see that the first photo is one I deleted a while ago (it's visible in the Deleted folder, too, but without any thumbnail preview, just a black square). It's a jpeg. When I press the 'i' key on my keyboard it doesn't show any meta data for the jpg. If I press the small blue 'cloud icon' on the photo thumbnail it says 'Syncing metadata'. I'm just guessing this is the photo the sync has stuck on, since it's the oldest one. Any pointers anyone?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Well, now I restarted Lightroom for the n'th time, and just started editing some photos. And wouldn't you know, all my items are now sync'd. And when I go to the Deleted folder it again shows correct preview of the "stuck" photo. And also, the right click menu options are now back to 'Restore Photo' and 'Permanently Delete Photo' in stead of '..Video'. Strange, well, just one of those things then. Thanks anyway for your feedback 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has worked for me in the past - try finding the deleted photo in the "Deleted" folder in Lightroom. If it's there, right-click and restore it (don't choose "delete permanently"). Then see if the sync completes correctly. If syncing works OK, delete the offending photo in the normal way and it should be OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I checked now, but both Restore and Permanently Delete are disabled for the photo. And another strange thing: It says Restore Video and Permanently Delete Video, in stead of Photo. I have never added any video to my Lightroom. And it doesn't show any preview of the photo inside the thumbnail rectangle. I added a snapshot of the thumbnail in the Deleted folder showing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, well, it was worth a try - sorry it didn't work out. I'm not an Adobe expert, just an ordinary user, but if Lightroom is identifying a photo as a video I'm thinking there might be something corrupted in the database - this might be one for Adobe Support to have a look at, unless anyone else knows better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, now I restarted Lightroom for the n'th time, and just started editing some photos. And wouldn't you know, all my items are now sync'd. And when I go to the Deleted folder it again shows correct preview of the "stuck" photo. And also, the right click menu options are now back to 'Restore Photo' and 'Permanently Delete Photo' in stead of '..Video'. Strange, well, just one of those things then. Thanks anyway for your feedback 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it sorted, thanks for letting us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines