• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync Issues, Apple Mobile App to LRC

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the LR app on an iPhone 14Pro with LrC on Mac desktop, all are up to date.  

First noticed issue - I went out shooting with my new phone at the weekend (using LR camera) and by the time I got home, the photos were nowhere to be seen on the device (and had not synced).  

I had previously been out on two occasions with this phone and the workflow was perfect, all images were where they should be, I happily edited on my phone and iPad and they all appered in LRC in the folders/collections I created.  All good.

Since then, I have the totally missing photos mystery and after shooting again today (with LR camera), only three of those photos have appeared in LrC despite the sync being 'complete'.

In the Sync Settings on LrC there are many files showing as 'Downloading':

image.png

If I click on one of those blue links, I go to a webpage with this:

Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 18.21.01.png

I have removed and reinstalled the LR Mobile app and am currently waiting for the thumbnails to reappear.

Help!!

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Before you do anything dramatic like deleting and reinstalling the LrM app on your phone, you really need to ensure that any content that you've added (such as the new pictures taken with the phone) have fully synced to the cloud. They may not have synced down in LrC but you can still verify that they've synced up to the cloud by using the LrWeb app in any browser....simply go to lightroom.adobe.com and sign in using your Adobe ID credentials. That opens a portal directly to your cloud account,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you do anything dramatic like deleting and reinstalling the LrM app on your phone, you really need to ensure that any content that you've added (such as the new pictures taken with the phone) have fully synced to the cloud. They may not have synced down in LrC but you can still verify that they've synced up to the cloud by using the LrWeb app in any browser....simply go to lightroom.adobe.com and sign in using your Adobe ID credentials. That opens a portal directly to your cloud account, where you can check to ensure the new captures have made it there. Only when you've verified that would it be safe to delete and reinstall the LrM app (if they haven't synced, those new captures would be permanently lost when you delete the app).

So start with the LrWeb app to make sure your new captures are safely in the cloud, after which you can then investigate the hold up in downloading them to LrC knowing that they are at least safely in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim, 

Thanks for your reply.  I have checked the online Portal (which I didn’t know existed!) and I have 67 ’Sync Issues’.  The images aren’t visible, but from the quantity on the various dates I think these must be the ‘lost’ images.  As I rashly deleted and reinstalled the LrM on my phone I have obviously lost these images which luckily doesn’t really matter.  How can I start afresh so that it all works as it did for my first sets of pictures with this mobile workflow?  

Should I delete the Sync Issues files from the web portal?
Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 20.49.50.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they have definitely been deleted from LrM then yes, deleting from LrWeb is about the only option. Once you do that, it should also help to clear up the downloading issues in LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I left it over night and as there was no change, I have now deleted the 67 files from LrWeb, the co-responding alerts in the LrC settings panel have now cleared. As a test, I shot one photo with the LR camera which after about 10 minutes has not synced with LrC and is now showing in 'Sync Issues'.  

To me, this implies that there is a problem somewhere.  I'm currently on my fast home Wifi so there shouldn't be any upload issues.  

As another test, I edited a picutre in LrWeb and it immediatley updated in LrC.  On LrMobile, there's a blank thumbnail under 'recent edits'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it does certainly sound as though there's an upload issue from the phone to the cloud. 

As an initial step, try force-closing the LrM app on the phone, then reboot the phone, then try taking another picture. Also, you must leave the LrM app open to allow the upload to complete, which I assume you are doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That certainly has got things moving again, thank you!  The photos now appear fairly quickly in the All Photos and All Synced Photos Catalogues in LrC but don't seem to show in the 'From Lr mobile' album, (or do I need to manuyally add to an album on LrM for that to happen?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "From Lightroom" or "From Lr Mobile" is a collection set, and as such can only contain collections (albums). Add the image to a new album on your phone and it will appear in that collection set. 

N.B. There's nothing special about that collection set, it's just a handy place for Classic to initially place the new collections coming from the cloud. You can move the contained collection to a different collection set, but that would not affect the sync status of the collection or the contained images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help, I think it's all working again now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines