• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync issues between iPad and iMac

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when I retouch images in Lightroom on my iPad sometimes they cannot be opened on my iMac, because there is a synchronisation issue. The message I get on my imac is that I need to open the file first on my other device (iPad), but somehow I cannot get beyond this point. If I eventually manage to open the file on my iMac all the edits are gone and I have to start all over again!

This makes the smooth opertaion between devices impossible. Please can somebody help me and solve this issue?

Otherwise I can only use my iPad for selecting and basic edits, but not masking and retouching etc.

all my versions are up to date

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll help you figure this out.

There are two things to track here.

1. Lightroom desktop & mobile sync the full-size raw to the cloud for backup, so it might take some time to sync the full-size image.
  2. Lightroom iPad & other Lightroom surfaces Sync up to the Lightroom Cloud (https://lightroom.adobe.com), and images & edits that have synced to Lightroom cloud should ideally be available on other Lightroom surfaces.

If there are any sync issues, click on them to know more, find the original for those images, and back them up safely before you empty the Sync issues from Lightroom Web. As long as there are sync issues on the Web, you can encounter trouble in syncing images & edits.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!
    Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message I get on my imac is that I need to open the file first on my other device (iPad), but somehow I cannot get beyond this point.

By @marc243247515xt1

I'm guessing from this that in fact the message is actually headlined with "Waiting for Settings", is that correct? If so, this is becoming a frequent problem which Adobe are working on, hopefully with fix coming soon. In the meantime, I have found that making a small change to any of the sliders of the image on the iPad (I use a +1 increase to the Texture slider), then let that change sync to the cloud, often then clears up the "Waiting for Settings" message on the other system (your iMac in your case).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Jim. This seems to be the exact issue. I will try your solution and hope that Adobe will provide an update soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines