• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Synch problem after import from LR classic

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have researched this heavily before posting this but could not find an answer.

My conversion of 165,000 photos from Classic Lightroom to the cloud version seemed to have gone well but for the stuck forever syncing problem. 

First I tried killing my old local directory of folders and redownloading from the cloud.  This generated a new problem of many missing files.  I fixed this by matching the number of files in each folder to that showing in lightroom

I was still left with 24 files synching forever.  I have cleared 16 down by deleting anything that comes up in the edit/prefs/account Alt+mini report as mentioned elsewhere.  It has been a very long process.

I am now stuck.  I did have stacks in my lightroom classic and think that may be the problem for the last eight files but I don’t understand databases / SQL per one of your discussions.

I don’t know what to do now – would you be able to help?  Could someone at Adobe look at my cloud account and identify these problem 8 files?  Until this is done lightroom is unusable as it does not synch with my other devices.

I use a pc mainly (and it is here that the synch is stuck) but also a laptop and iphone all connected to the account.

I have also done many edits and changes to the cloud photographs so it is now quite different to the imported Classic catalog (I no longer use Classic)

Many thanks

JR

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry about the trouble with Adobe Lightroom & Lightroom Classic. We are here to help!

Could you please share the version of Lightroom along with the version of operating system? Please confirm if you have set up 'Storage location for originals:' under Lightroom > Preferences > Local Storage. 

Please log on to Lightroom Web (https://lightroom.adobe.com) to check current Sync issues. If there are any sync issues, please click on them to know more, find the original for those images, and back them up safely before you empty the Sync issues from Lightroom Web.

Please let us know if this helps!
Regards,
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sameer thanks for replying to my query

Lightroom V 4.4

Windows 10 V 21H1

Yes I have a storage location set up, its an external drive.

The pc version has the synching 8 photos message – which it has done for ages

On the cloud I followed the link you provided.  I am not sure how to check for sync issues on the cloud but if it’s the cloud icon top right of screen it doesn’t suggest there is a problem.  Perhaps this means the synch problem is on my pc rather than in the cloud?

I hope that answers your questions – let me know if you need more

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The 4.4 version is an relatively old version, there have been many improvements connected to sync since then.
I suggest you test with the latest Lr version which is 5.2 to see if it helps.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ignacio that has dealt with the problem on my PC which also has the file copies of the photos connected to it.

The sync between my devices is different:

Cloud and PC (v5.2) 145,821 files

Laptop (v5.2) 145,788 files

iphone (v7.2.0) 148,014 files

I tried deregistering the laptop and reregistering it but it came back with the same differnt number of files.

Could you advise what i should do next?

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Adobe you emailed me to ask if my issue is resolved but no-one came back to me on query above. 

Do i have to start a new chain for each step?

Why would three different devices that are supposed to be synched each have differing quantities of files?

Many thanks for any help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines