• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing edits from Photos app on phone

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a photo is auto uploaded from my camera roll, and then edited via my iPhone's photo app, I can not figure out how to get the edit to sync to Lightroom's catalog.   I can't reimport it because it says it's already imported, but my edits don't ever automatically sync.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

The Photos app is an Apple product. Lightroom is an Adobe Product. Lightroom can not read the edit information from Photos. Use Lightroom edit tools to edit your photo, not Photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photos app is an Apple product. Lightroom is an Adobe Product. Lightroom can not read the edit information from Photos. Use Lightroom edit tools to edit your photo, not Photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My photos are NOT Apple. They are Android products. I keep having problems with uploading my photographs. Thanks..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that photos is an Apple product but there is seriously no way to use any other app on your phone to edit your photos in addition to Lightroom and then be able to reimport the edited photo to have it backed up and included in Lightroom?  I use many different photo editing tools and apps and do not want to be restricted to only being able to edit in Lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can export out an edited photo and then import that into Lightroom. Many editing tools like Photos and Lightroom make the edits non destructively, meaning they are really just a set of instructions. The edits aren’t applied to the image until you export out a new file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines