• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing from LR Classic (Mac) to LRCC (Mac)

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

my main Computer (Mac Mini) is used for most work in LR and it is as well the place where I store the Data. Sometimes I want to use my MacBook (and soon new Ipad) to cull Photos. To sync the photos I create a collection of the project I want to have on my ohter devices. 

Today I wanted to do the same but the Collection wont show up,  according to lr CC everything is up to date (when klicking on the cloud in the upper right corner). In lr Classic it still says syncing photos. 

My question:

Wont the photos show up until the syncing process is finished?

I really dont like this Apple esque way of not telling the customer what the system does (I cant see how many photos are already uploaded)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating a collection is not enough. You need to enable sync of the Lightroom Classic catalog (the small cloud icon on the top right) and then you can sync individual collections by clicking on the small icon in front of the collection name. The synced collections will arrive in Lightroom cloud as albums.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve done it several times and it worked. But it seems to be not really reliable. Sometimes syncing works right away and sometimes nothing happens. It seems arbitrary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I never had any problems myself, but syncing problems are indeed not uncommon. If everything seems stuck, then you can try to get it going again by deleting the 'Sync Data.lrdata' file from your catalog folder.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines