• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing Lightroom CC library to external drive for Sync to Lightroom classic

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure this has been experienced before so if someone can steer me towards a thread that would walk me through this I'd be very thankful.

I'm looking for a way to sync all my photos from Lightroom CC to Lightroom classic, but storing the library on my external drive as my new laptop does not have enough space to house it.

Basically I upgraded from a really old MacBook Pro(2011) to a newer MacBook Pro (2017). My old laptop ran insanely slow, had a pop up that permanently embedded itself into my screen, it's basically useless, so all the files on this computer I'm taking a loss on.

Lightroom classic is much better for my work flow and organization style, and I just overall enjoy using it more, so I'd like to just be able to edit my existing photos (which the originals are stuck on my old computer) through CC into classic. 

I've gone into preferences and changed the sync destination to my external drive, but still goes to my hard drive. 

Please help! 

thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have activated sync in LrC everything in the cloud will download into folders on the drive specified in Preferences >> Lightroom Sync. This can be a single folder on the EHD or folders by date taken.

Only the catalog and previews are stored on the internal drive, usually in the Pictures folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can designate where the synced images are stored, including an external hard drive. Please see the attached screen capture.  I hope this helps. warmly/j

2020-07-23_07-36-24.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
LR cc downloader - LR CC sync

1. I have done a new export from LR CC cloud using the Lightroom downloader.

Results as follows as per Download report:

Originals downloaded: 145,968

Edited version downloaded: 44,117

Failed downloads: 1

Total: 190,086

“Get info” on export folder: # files = 195,346

2. I have done a sync (Local Storage preferences, you have the option of changing how much of your available disk space Lightroom is allowed to use. Originals are always backed up to the cloud. You have the options to store a copy of all originals and smart previews on your computer’s hard drive as well. )

on a new external drive:

“Get info” on sync folder: #files = 134,956

3. # of files on LR CC cloud across all ios devices and macbook = 145,968

4. There have not been any new photos uploaded to the cloud

5.There have been no Sync or Export issues reported.

Questions

1.How are these file counts reconciled and how do i know everything is backed up properly?

2. If the count of All Photos on Lightroom.Adobe.com is the controlling number (so the actual number on the Adobe Cloud is  145,968 - same number as the Downloader report) then it would seem that Sync does not work properly

Using 

Mac OS CATALINA

VERSION 10.15.4

LIGHTROOM VERSION 4.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines