• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Terrible cloud performance

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in Toronto, Canada, on home fibre internet from Bell. Whenever I'm connected to my bell wifi, cloud sync performance is terrible. It takes multiple minutes to download a smart preview. If I switch to LTE or use another network, files download quickly. 

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test your wifi connection. Use speedtest.net or similar.

Some phones actually are slower on wifi than on cellular. Also, the distance to the wifi router affect the performance, so if the signal is weak, so will be the performance.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My wifi is fine. I'm using an iPhone 12 pro which is not a slow device. I test out 400mbps both download and upload. Only lightroom has this problem. My other cloud services work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have not developed code for iOS in a long time, I do web/server based only now.

Back then, Apple generally hid the network connectivity from the developer unless you wanted to dig really hard. I doubt Adobe did so, since the application is not a device management tool.

With 400mbs up/down on the wifi; the prblem is likely elsewhere.

Unfortantely I no longer own any Apple devices, so I cannot help debug it. My normal next step would use traceroute to verify the network traffic to Adobe. Maybe Adobe can can chime in here with some server names you can verify the connectivity.

At a minimum, we should ask Adobe to turn this into a feature request to have a network connectivity status page.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines