Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Tethered shooting using lightroom cc 4.3 (not classic)

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I pay monthly for the photography package and use lightroom cc (not classic) for most of my work. I want to shoot tethered but I can only see tutorials using lightroom classic. Can anyone advise if this function is available using lightroom cc 4.3 (not classic) and if it's not then why not?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tethering is not available in Lightroom, it is only in Lightroom Classic.

Why not? Adobe doesn't publicly provide details like that very often, but it seems to me (my opinion) that Lightroom is directed more towards the casual user, while Lightroom Classic remains more of a professional level tool. So the pro features like tethering, printing, powerful export features, detailed metadata editing, etc are all available in Lightroom Classic, but not represented in Lightroom.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines