• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The file appears to be unsupported or damaged on Heic Export

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a problem with HEIC files on my desktop.

I have MacOS 10.15 Catalina and newly updated Lightroom Desktop 3.3

I added the files on my iPhone running the latest iOS with the latest Lightroom Mobile (5.3.1).

The images then synced over over the cloud. They can be opened and edited on both platforms.

On export I get the error "The file appears to be unsupported or damaged". This appairs on all HEIC files.

Any help is appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the company actually support its products??????  If it can't be compatible with Apple formats or at least acknowledge the issue why should we continue to subscribe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed.  This is maddening!!!!  I've spent hours buildling a book to export to Blurb and can't because Adobe and/or  have converted a bunch of files to .heic without asking me.

Damn!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to have been fixed in the latest release of LRC, 9.4. If you are still having this problem, please let Adobe know. 

UPDATE: This is not the case. Strangely, sometimes I get the error message on LR, sometimes I do not. So this actually appears to be an issue with sync.

Here are two workarounds:

1. Keep HEIC ('high efficiency'). Gather all the sync'd and unreadable HEIC files, open them as a group in Preview, select them all, then select Export As and choose JPG.  Then re-import them into LR.  

2. Change file format to "Most compatible" (JPG). On your iPhone, go to Settings then scroll down to Camera. Select Formats then choose 'Most Compatible'. 

Hope this helps.

Michael - Lightroom user since 2006.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some how simply restarting my computer worked?! 

Prior to the reboot I received an error message saying "file appears to be unsupported or damaged" and post reboot I successfully exported the files... IDK...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually have random HEIC files that LR can 'read' and others that it cannot.  And the files that it can and cannot read seem to change randomly.  

Michael - Lightroom user since 2006.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I confirm that I have been able to solve this problem simply by restarting the computer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines