• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Took 2k photos of a dance team, how do I have client select the ones they want edited?

Participant ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no clue really on my end which photos are good or not. There are certain dance poses that only they would know if the leg or arms or whatever are in the correct position.

My initial thought was to share the album to them and have them "heart" the ones they like. I just did this with a test album with my wife. When I view that album in LR though, I'm not actually seeing a way to "filter by hearted" photos.

Am I missing something? What's the best way to have a client choose the photos they want edited?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just on my iPad and web client right now though, maybe in the full app on my Mac there's a way to sort by hearts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do see in LR that I can click on the little comment bubble tab and see if they put a heart on a photo that way. With this method, I'd need to flip through every photo and flag ones that they hearted. Time consuming but doable.

Any thoughts if there's a more streamlined way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify on my first reply - in Lr desktop, if you're in "All Photos", comment and heart icons don't display on thumbnails. You need to have the Shared Album selected - then you'll see the heart icons display in the lower-right corner of each thumbnail (much easier than clicking into each image).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok great... this sounds like it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The closest I can get to your goal is selecting all the heart'd photos in Lr and then moving them into a separate "Client Pics" album (or flag them, give them a star rating, etc.).

Liked photos are pretty easy to spot in Lr (desktop), since thumbnails display a white heart in the lower-right corner. I can't find a way to filter on this data either.  Hope this is helpful in some way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines