• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: SDK to allow devices (e.g. Loupedeck, Monogram, Contour Shuttle, Tourbox)

LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My previous setup was like this:
X-T1 + lightroom 6 + loupedeck

after upgrading to X-T3 my lightroom 6 turned out to be outdated so I upgraded to lightroom CC

but now loupedeck is not working at all, and here is a statement from that company:
Currently only Classic CC is supported due to the way Adobe has constructed their software. Lightroom CC does not have the required framework to support SDK or extended plugin support. 
We would love to support Lr CC but at this given moment it is not possible.

It would be great if my loupedeck can work out of the box with CC on desktop for windows 🙂

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , SDK , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
34 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant Tourbox in the body of the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is "Tourbox". Please explain.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Tourbox work with the cloud based version of Lightroom or just Classic?

Assume you're referring to this Kickstarter project which is now a real product

https://www.tourboxtech.com/en/

The screenshots in the user manual only show Lightroom Classic

https://www.tourboxtech.com/en/manual.html

Since it's not an Adobe product, suggest you contact the manufacturer for more details:

https://www.tourboxtech.com/en/contact-us.html

I'm not actually aware of any external control surfaces which work with Lightroom (Cloud).

The well known ones such as Loupedeck+ and Palette only work with Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you should ask the creators?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey adobe folk, I've just purchased a Monogram Creative Console to help my workflow in Lightroom CC become more efficient. That was before it arrived and I found out that it isn't compatible with CC, only with Lightroom Classic because of your lack of SDK support.  Is there any hope of this down the line or do I need to abandon Lightroom CC for classic or an alternate program that is supported like Capture One...?

This was the note on the Monogram CC website :

An integration with Lightroom (CC 2018 & later) requires Adobe to add SDK support, similar to what exists with Lightroom Classic & 6. If you want to see this integration, please let Adobe know here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Loupedeck told me that Lightroom does not have SDK. I understand SDK is on Lightroom Classic, which is frustrating that the cloud-based one does not; I wonder if it will be added and why it hasn't been done already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old thread, but I believe Lightroom Cloud Desktop only supports keyboard inputs with tourbox, as LR cloud doesn't have the same plugin architecture that makes the classic integration so good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came here to add my voice to Adobe adding the SDK to Lightroom (not classic) so we can use hardware interfaces with this great piece of software. I'm getting tired of switching between Classic and... what should I call it, New Lightroom?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here, developed a new software to do less than the old one, I don't get it, now I need to modify my subscription to the Lightroom Classic. But guess what, you can't, I need to unsubscribe before, but it's impossible you got the message "error"

Votes

Translate

Translate