• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfering photos to premium account

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I have been using my free lightroom mobile for a while now on a non premium account.

Howevor, I have another account that is premium. I'd like my lightroom mobile to go premium as well, to use all the pro features.

But if i log out and sign in to my premium account on my lightroom mobile, all the previous photos associated with my free account will obviously be gone (right?) 

So wondering what would be the best way to avoid this. To basically end up transferring all my photos/edit/presets from my free (non-premium) account to my premium adobe account.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Android , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Hello @Suhas5FB0 

In addition to Jim's advice, there is another option: 

In your paid account set up an album, enable album sharing and send an invite to your free account.  Be sure to give your free account Contribute or even Edit rights.  After you accept the shared album invite (click the link emailed to yourself and sign in with the free account), then sign into the LR app with you free account and add all the photos you wish to the album that's shared by the paid account.  All your images w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because the free account has no syncing capabilities, I think the only way you can get them to your premium account would be by exporting them to the device, then logging into the premium account, then importing the exported files from the device. The problem with that is avoiding the loss of any edits that you might have done, which will depend on the export options available to you when using the free account. When you look at the Export settings in the free account, what options are available to you under "File Type"? If you have "DNG" as an option, that would be good, as that should include any edits that you have made.....but I'm not sure you'll have that as an option. So that would leave TIF or JPG as the options (Original may be there, but that doesn't include your edits), which will bake-in the edits into a new derivative file. The latter may be OK, but DNG would be better if it's there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Suhas5FB0 

In addition to Jim's advice, there is another option: 

In your paid account set up an album, enable album sharing and send an invite to your free account.  Be sure to give your free account Contribute or even Edit rights.  After you accept the shared album invite (click the link emailed to yourself and sign in with the free account), then sign into the LR app with you free account and add all the photos you wish to the album that's shared by the paid account.  All your images with edits should copy over to the paid account.

Check out this page for more info: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/save-share-photos.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Charlie.D, I'd thought of that, but discounted it because I assumed that it wouldn't work because of the lack of sync  capability in the free account. Are you saying that when running LrMobile in "free" mode there's enough intelligence there to be aware that there's another local catalog that it can copy images into, without having to do it via the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jim Wilde 

Because the owner of the shared album is a paid user, any invited free user can upload to that shared album.  The photos and edits applied will upload to the paid account's cloud storage, and then sync back down to the local instance of the paid account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Charlie, that's very useful to know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines