• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring photos between old and new account with Lightroom Premium

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I transfer the photos from the old account to the new account without them being deleted?!

(Thread title edited by Moderator)
TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. Which version of Lightroom are you using? 

Sorry, we currently do not have a way of transferring images/data from one Lightroom account to another (Lightroom Catalogue can be transferred). You can download the pictures using the Lightroom downloader & then upload them to your new account once you have signed in to the app.

You can check out the Lightroom downloader here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/download-lightroom-photos.html.

Regards,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still have access to both accounts, you could maybe try this. You would need Lightroom Premium on the new account and possibly the old, but I am not 100% sure regarding the old.

It would probably be best to use two different devices or use http://lightroom.adobe.com/ when dealing with the new account......

You can either use the Lightroom Downloader Tool to export everything to your hard drive and reimport everything into your new account or alternatively use the shared album and contribute route, which hopefully should work....

• Create Album on new account.
• Enable Sharing for that Album.
• Invite email associated to your old account.
• Ensure you give the old account Can Contribute rights.
• Accept invite associated with old account and sign in to old account
• Add Photos to Album shared from new account.

This will transfer photos over including edits without having to export the photos.
You could transfer all photos to that Album and sort them from there, however it maybe easier to mirror your Albums in the new account and share each one (although you will have to accept an email for each album).

Maybe do a small test but as I said you would need access to birth accounts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same problem here. My subscription were transfered from my business to personal account (licence provider decision), but my files stored in cloued were not transfered. I've lost 50-60Gb of my files including pictures, movies, application settings etc.

I was asked by virtual assistant to buy a subscription for my business account to regain access to files in cloud, but the subscrition was attached to my personal account (despite being logged in to business account). So instead of 100Gb of cloud service on business account and 80Gb on personal, to perform above presented solution, I have all 180Gb on personal account and no access to my files.

I've lost 3 or 4 hours discussing with assistants (20 of them, or more) and I was promissed to have 4 callbacks, but none of them happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines