• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with importing duplicates

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks, I'm having an issue that I've only experienced with the newest version of LR, 4.2.  I went to import some older photos and received the message that they couldn't because they'd already been imported (this  I've of course encountered before). But I have ferociously searched, through various methods, my entire imported catalogue and CANNOT find them.  As a possible method of sidestepping this obstacles, I even changed the name and location of the intended images, but to no avail. Same message.

I also, for the life of me, cannot find where the "Do not import suspecte duplicates" option is in this newest version. I have googled and manically searched resources, but no forum seems properly up to date on the software. 

Please help! Before I lose my mind, throw my laptop at the wall, or writing a scathing note to Adobe, cancelling my subscription.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue.  The removal of the ability to import duplicates when you want to is maddening.  I have a photo that I copied then destructively edited in another application, then imported the edited version into lightroom.  I now want to import the unedited version as well, so I can edit both.  I can't.  Even after deleing the photo in lightroom.  It still detects  both as duplicates when I import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still no response? This is sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines