• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to delete an account after App Store subscription cancellation...

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to delete my account, but was unable to untill i canciled my lightroom subscription. I went to cancil my perscription, but adobe says I have to cancil it in itunes (where i originally downloaded and purchased it) i went to my itunes account and cancilled the subscription. But adope still says its active. even tho I cancilled the subscription, it will still be valid till the end of the month (the end of that billing cycle) So i contact apple who puts a request in to refund my money for the remaining month on the subscription. The request goes through. the lightroom subscription has been refunded, it is no longer active, but when i go to adobe to delete my account, it still says lightroom is active, and it still tells me to go to itunes to cancil it. Its a loop from hell. Im either blind, or adope has no place where i can actually speak to or email someone to help me. Its a real piss off...

Can anybody please please help me 😞

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Apple manages Alan's subscription, so there is very little that can be done from our side.

Alan, you should be able to complete the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/delete-adobe-account.html yourself.  If you cannot do so, then use a different computer, smartphone, or tablet to initiate the deletion process.

I would recommend that you resolve any outstanding issues with Apple before completing the deletion process, Alan.  You could leave yourself with a paid mem

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html
p.s. if you're cancelling an annual plan early, there's a penalty (=1/2 the cost of the remaining months).

if the above link doesn't help you cancel, using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (in the lower right)
in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"check https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html
p.s. if you're cancelling an annual plan early, there's a penalty (=1/2 the cost of the remaining months)."

This sent me instructions to cancil a subscription through adobe. NOT my issue....

But thanks anywways.

"if the above link doesn't help you cancel, using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html"

Now this is a usefull bit of knowledge, I never thought about safari possibly not allowing pop ups. But either way, I tried contacting adobe on facebook, and they got back to me in about 15 minutes. They told me there was nothing they could do, and my subscription still showed active, even tho I have an email from apple saying the subscrption is cancilled, and even refunded... 

Now what? :(. I just want this account deleted, I dont give a Fu%& about the money or lightroom, I already have it downloaded and subscribed and in use using my propper email which is linked to all my social media. I want this subscription updated (That its canciled) and this account deleted!!

Ill even pay!!!!! JUST WANT IT DONE 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Apple as it is them that might be stopping the cancelation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here lies the problum, Apple is showing it canciled, even refunded. It was a pending request to have it refunded, its the next step after cancilation, this was the subscrption is cancilled immedietly, and I dont have to wait till the end of the month for that billing cycle for it to be ended. when you ask for a refund (apple explained to me) if the request is approved (may take upto 24 hours) then the subcscription is canciled right then, not at the end of the billing cycle. Which I did, I talked to apple, they canciled the subscription, applied for a refund, it was approved. Apple is saying im totally free and clear of this subscrption....

Someone please help, this is crazyness 😞

Just want to delete this account..... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alan98A2, I am sorry you encountered so many problems canceling the subscription from Apple.  I reviewed the e-mail address you used to post to this public discussion forum, but there are no Adobe membership or software titles listed under the account.  Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account.html for information on how you can review your Adobe account information.

I would also recommend you review https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039 which discusses how Apple's cancellation process works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, 

I appreciate the attempt, but those thinks are completly useless. they just send me to generic help pages with frequently asked questions. Your saying this acount has no active subscriptions, then can you please delete it for me. When I sign in to creative cloud with this account, it still shows lightroom under my perscriptions, and is availabe for download. Also still, when I go to delete my account, it says its not possible becasue I have a subscription to lightroom. when i hit the cancil button at that point it takes me to the second link you send me, which as stated above, ive already went through and canciled the subscription, and even got a refund on the remaing month.... Im happy to supply screen shots, as well as the email from apple approving my request for a refund after cancillation.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 11.04.16 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 11.06.16 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alan, you can use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/delete-adobe-account.html if you want to delete your account.  If you need assistance with the process, then please begin a chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you not been reading my posts?

I am not able to delete the account because it says i have a subscription still, which i dont

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, my browser doesnt appear to open up the chat screen. but im chatting with you, so thats fine.

Also, why did you move this to a lightroom discussion room? this is an account/subscription issue.

are you even a human, or a robot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all posters, so far, are human.

with what adobe id was your subscription started?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, thanks for letting me know.

The adobe Id is

fourtwentysixhemi at hotmail dot com <edited to prevent harvesting - kglad>

If you scroll up about four posts you will see two screen shots I had just taken, one which also shows the adobe ID -the first pic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your adobeid will allow @Jeff A Wright to check your adobe account if chat support doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple manages Alan's subscription, so there is very little that can be done from our side.

Alan, you should be able to complete the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/delete-adobe-account.html yourself.  If you cannot do so, then use a different computer, smartphone, or tablet to initiate the deletion process.

I would recommend that you resolve any outstanding issues with Apple before completing the deletion process, Alan.  You could leave yourself with a paid membership that you are unable to access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont have any outstanding issues with apple. Apple has provided me with proof of cancelation, and proof of refund. Is there nobody at adobe who can contact apple. Im stuck in a situation where two huge companys are pointing the finger at each other, and im the one losing here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if apple's the billing agency and apple's cancelled, you're good.  you probably just need to wait to delete your account (though i can't think of any reason for you to do that and, in any case, there's no urgency in doing that).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded chrome instead of using safari, and chrome allowed the chat popup window to open, but it was a virtual assistant, which was usless for an issue like this. I need someone to manually remove this account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (in the lower right)
in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines