• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to install NIK and/or DxO

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Mac and using Lightroom subscription 4.4.   In my applications folder I have a DxO folder and an NIK collection folder.  In Lightroom I click File>Import profile and presets.  I then go to the Applications folder and I see both folders lit up or highlighted, however when I click on either folder none of the indivdual programs are highlighted.  I tried importing the folder and gave me the message 'no presets or profiles found'

I use to have an older version of Lightroom and had no problem loading NIK.

I'll admit I'm not computer savy, but importing software like this shouldn't be tricky, so I assume I am doing something wrong.

Mark

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Cloud version of Lightroom (currently Lightroom v5.0) does not support Plugins.

So you cannot 'install' NIK Apps as Plugins. (Same for DXO Apps).

Your "older version of Lightroom" was probably the Perpetual version, now known as Lightroom-CLASSIC which continues to support plugins and External Editors.

You should be able to use the installed NIK apps as 'Stand-alone' apps by Exporting images from Lightroom and then 'Opening' the exported files from the [File] menu in the App (eg. Silver Efex Pro).

COMPARE LR & LR-CLASSIC (Lr Queen)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines