• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

two questions regarding syncing presets between machines and catalog migration

Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I have presets on my iphone that i wasnt to sync to my new macbook, but i see they are not loading. i am assuming i will have to copy them from another hard drive and transfer them.. if that is the case i am very disappointed in where the technology is (hence their stock price doesn't surprise me). 

Second, when i attempted to take my external SSD and 'migrate' my other catalog, i received an error stating that this was an external source and couldn't migrate. wtf lol. Adobe software is not user friendly, or intuitive. I regret now trying out the cloud based software, I may look at competitors soon if things do not begin to click.. 

Bonus - WHY is there no calibration panel in the cloud software?... This is so unprofessional.

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there & welcome to the Lightroom community. I'd love to clarify this for you. 

First - Lightroom surfaces can sync presets from desktop to mobile & the other way around. Lightroom does not sync presets to Lightroom Classic. You can log on to Lightroom Web (https://lightroom.adobe.com) with your Adobe ID (Email) & confirm if the presets are available on the cloud. If they are, they should be available on the desktop as well. Let me know if they aren't synced to Lightroom Desktop.

Second - You can change the location where the originals are stored for Lightroom Desktop. However, the library must exist at the default location Pictures in macOS & Appdata/Local on Windows. Check the response shared here by our community expert: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-discussions/how-to-change-local-stora...

Bonus - Currently, the Lightroom desktop does not have a calibration panel. Please upvote this existing idea/feature request: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-ideas/p-add-camera-calibration-panel/...

Let me know if this helps. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sameer, i need some assistance on point 2. I have Lr classic catalog on windows, and i want to migrate that to Lightroom (cloud) on my mac via an external hard drive. These threads pasted are hard to follow and not 1 to 1. Can we set up a call to go over this? I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied and pasted my catalog in the pictures folder on my Macbook, the error i get is 'The LR catalog appears to be an exported catalog of have been copied.' please advise..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for giving more context about your workflow.

Please keep the Lr Classic Catalog on the internal drive on the macOS for stability. You will need to launch this catalog in Lightroom Classic once on the macOS to re-link the original files & assets.

Something went wrong. The Lightroom Classic catalog seems to be an exported catalog or has been copied.

This is a common error during Migrating Lightroom Classic Catalog to Lightroom (Cloud). Please check this article for help with this: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/migration-errors.html

I currently do not have an option to set up a call. You can reach us via chat/call support channels so our product team can provide you with 1:1 assisted support. Visit this page to initiate a chat from the chat bubble on the right corner of the page: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

For call options: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sameer - I went ahead any synced to catalog to LR classic as suggested, now we have a new error. I get to roughly 3% of migration on Lr (cloud) and then i receive an error: "something went wrong - error processing source data . This is not an expected situation. Please contact customer support". Not a great message to receive lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would you mind reaching us via chat/call support channels so our product team can provide you with 1:1 assisted support & debugging sessions using remote support options? Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines