• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to bring up "edit" panel

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved a jPeg photo I want to sharpen on to my desktop and thence to the black screen of Lightroom. However, I see no edit tools on any part of that black screen.  What do I do now?  The "support" section of Lightroom is unresponsive.

Sally Peterson

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sally, 

Are you trying to move images from lightroom to your computer's desktop or are you referring to the mode in Lightroom Classic (The Develop sectios) where you can make adjstments in Lightroom?

Also, EXACTLY what version of Lightroom are you using (Classic, Desktop, Web) and what version?

And while I'm at it, what is your OS and what release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Photoshop Lightroom version 4.

My Mac is on OS 10.15.7 (Catalina). I don’t see any information regarding “release.”

I have moved the photo from my iPhotos to my desktop and then on to what appears as a black page on Lightroom which has three commands on the upper righthand side: select, cancel and “add 1 photo”.

Thanks for trying to help.

Sally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

GoldingD_0-1604436704219.png

GoldingD_1-1604436704220.png

GoldingD_2-1604436704221.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Sally,

OK, first off I'm surprised that LR 4 is working at all in Catalina. But if it is, it is.

Your workflow is not correct. Please see this for more information on bringing your iPhotos photos into LR.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/ready-move-aperture-iphoto/

Also, when you go to the site you can see an offer to download a free PDF on how to use LR if you subscribe: you really should do this, the Lightroom Queen has LOTS of great information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect the OP has Lightroom Cloudy , the new v4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I moved your post to a better forum. From LrC to LrD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines