• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to delete lightroom catalog

New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to delete my library, the button is not responsive even if I entered the correct answer.. 

Tried it on different browser and on my mobile, but it doesn't work... I'm not sure this feature has been tested. 

Capture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post to Lightroom, from the Lightroom Classic.

I can't read the error message, so I am not exactly sure what it says. You should be able to delete photos from Lightroom, but you can't actually delete the catalog. The catalog is part of your Creative Cloud subscription. It can be empty of photos, but Lightroom will still be there as long as your account is active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it's not an error message it's just a confirmation modal panel that tells me to write a specific message to be able to click on "Delete". 
But even if I type the exact message, the delete button is not available and therefore I can't delete my photos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working from the Lightroom application, or the website lightroom.adobe.com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to do it from the website yep, lightroom.adobe.com/libraries

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting photos using the Lightroom app instead then. You can use your phone with Lightroom installed on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've exactly the same issue (France also). Did you manage to delete it?

The provided answer (delete pictures) doesn't suits to me as I really need to delete the entire catalog.

Thanks for your support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the workaround.

it's a specific translation issue to French language I guess.

Move settings of LR web to English upfront, it will ask you to type the confirmation sentence in English. And it will work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines